Studio and Galleries
Photography is allowed; please tag us on Twitter and Instagram @garimelchers #garimelchersbelmont.
Photography is not permitted in the house.
A $30 fee is charged for professional photography sessions. Some sessions may be assessed an additional charge. Professional photographers wishing to use the facilities after hours may arrange to do so for a $60 fee.
All professional and amateur photographers are required to make session appointments at least 48 hours in advance of the proposed session. To make an appointment, email Special Events Manager Meghan Pcsolyar or call her at 540-654-1848. Upon arrival, photographers must first check in at the Visitor Center.
- Sessions are restricted to stairways, lawn, and walkways.
- No standing or walking through flower beds and shrubbery
- No sitting or standing on stone walls or hanging on fences
- Do not move benches, flower pots, etc
- The museum assumes no liability associated with photography sessions.
Wedding Day Photography
Brides and other wedding party members should arrive no earlier than 90 minutes before the ceremony for photography sessions. Post-ceremony photography should last no longer than 1 hour after the event.
We welcome bridal portrait sessions. Please note that brides must come dressed for the photo shoot as we do not have a changing area.